[RndTbl] Setting up a virtual system with LXC

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sun Nov 4 21:54:39 CST 2012

Hey, I've been trying to give LXC a go. I want to be able to spin up a
container that I can ssh into and run a few programs inside it.

But it's just not working. I've been trying it on Fedora 17 and the
documentation I can find is too old to be useful. I've been able to make
some translations but I still can't get a container started.

I have a rootfs created and tried a few combinations of fstab files, but
when I start the container I get nothing on the console, and sometimes if I
leave it it'll crash the box. My guess is that I haven't re-created the
init process or startup scripts properly, but I can't find any logs to tell
me one way or another.

For step 1 I don't care much about the distribution so I'm trying Ubuntu
next, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience
to share regarding LXC?

Thanks,

Sean

--