[RndTbl] Need help with Solaris printing

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:14:32 CDT 2012

I just upgraded a Solaris 10 server from Update 4 to Update 9, and the main
(network) printer it uses stopped working.

In /etc/printers.conf, the printer shows up as
cowsvpprmom:\
        :bsdaddr=192.168.59.113,GENERAL_ENTRY,Solaris:

but lpstat -a says
cowsvpprmom not accepting requests since Mon Jun 11 11:07:44 2012
        unknown reason

I checked the destination, and I can telnet to port 515 (lpd), so there's
no firewall change. The Solaris print service on this client is running.
The trouble is I barely know the first thing about Solaris printing! Can
anyone tell me what logs at least I show look in?