[RndTbl] Ubuntu sleep?

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:49:24 CDT 2012

Gak. Okay, I now have a clearer understanding of what's going on.

There is in fact a "suspend" item in the menu. When I use that, I get the
same result as "sudo pm-suspend":
- Screen blanks
- All fans keep running
- Monitor does not go into power-save mode
- Nothing will "wake" the computer
- Scroll/Caps/Num lock keys have no effect on keyboard LEDs; Num Lock light
is stuck on, others stay off

So I have to power down the PC (i.e. hold down the power button several
seconds).

Another detail: I have VMware Workstation Tech Preview March 2012
installed. Maybe that's interfering with sleeping. I don't think I tried
Suspend before installing VMware, but I don't remember.

I still think they should have called it "Sleep" instead of "Suspend".

Kevin