[RndTbl] Emails blocked by government

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 20 12:01:14 CDT 2012

As far as I can gather from searching around on the internet, EDS is a
rather generic acronym for e-mail defense service, of which there seem
to be a few around.  So that doesn't really help narrow down exactly
which block list your server is still on.

There used to be a multi-list checker at openrbl.org, but that doesn't
seem to be there anymore.  However, the domain did redirect me (in
probably what is the first case I've seen of a useful redirection of a
lapsed DNS domain to a "parking page") to another site that eventually
led me here...

   http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

They have a multi-blacklist checker, in which you can check your
server's IP address against many lists.  The initial scan is against 35
lists, but if you click on the link "Check All Blacklists" you'll get a
test against over 100 lists.  There is also another multi-blacklist
checker here:  http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check .  If
neither checker finds any, or if one does and after getting off those
lists you still can't send to gov.mb.ca, I'd suggest getting in touch
with them to find out who their blackhole list provider is.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail:<grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/