[RndTbl] strange NTP problem on one of 3 peers

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 26 13:19:07 CDT 2012

On 04/25/2012 09:14 PM, I wrote:
> Other possible causes that have been implicated in clock drift are Xen
> related issues and NIC problems. I had installed Xen on the server
> that's giving me problems now, and I had switched to a non-xen kernel in
> March, but hadn't removed all the xen-related packages and
> configurations, so it's possible that some of that was causing problems.
> I've removed all the xen and virtualisation packages and libraries, and
> I'm going to reboot again in the wee hours to see if that helps.

Well, that seems to have done it!  After cleaning up all the remaining
xen cruft from the system, and rebooting last night, the clock seems to
be rock-solid today.  I guess the moral is if you have any of the xen
virtualisation libraries or services enabled, you need to be running the
xen kernel.  I expect the reverse may also be true.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/