[RndTbl] Scrape active web page

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Apr 2 08:15:50 CDT 2012

On 2012-03-22 Dan Martin wrote:
> A programmable browser would be ideal.  Does anyone know of one that
> is multi-platform and can be installed without special services /
> privileges?  Has anyone used XUL for something like this?

I do this type of thing all the time:

perl's WWW::Mechanize::Firefox on cpan.  It remote controls FF using
MozRepl.  You could probably have it run on Windows in cygwin (MozRepl
should run natively but perl w/weird modules is tougher).

I've had to hack the suite a touch to get it to work with complicated
pages that don't always fire their "done loading" event, though that
should not be required and in most cases it works well OOTB.

(And if you need some help, my programming time can be for-hire.)