[RndTbl] Compiling (C) software for Solaris 10

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:59:44 CST 2011

I did a ls *gcc* on the package directory of the CD I mentioned, and it
showed SUNWgcc, so I installed that. It did seem to install it, but it's
not in the path. Is that normal? Or should I give up and go to
sunfreeware.com? By the way, the makefile I'm using from the iozone tar
file lists numerous platforms including several for Solaris (32- & 64-bit,
Solaris 8, 9, 10, cc, gcc...) so I thought it should work with whatever
compiler is available for Solaris.