[RndTbl] RAID5 rebuild performance

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri May 20 14:05:25 CDT 2011

I can tell you that those numbers are pretty much bang on.  Writes would be faster if you enabled the drives' write caches, the HP controller will leave them at default, which is disabled.
The RAID rebuild speed should have been about 90% of that 122Mb number, which it obviously wasn't.  I don't have any good theories why at the moment.
-Adam