[RndTbl] Request for SNMP help

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:05:41 CDT 2011

I'm trying to set up SNMP and MRTG on my SheevaPlug computer, and I can't
quite get it to work. I've followed the guides like
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mrtg.htm and
http://jitamitra.blogspot.com/2009/02/snmp-and-mrtg-on-debian.html

...but the part that doesn't work is
root at sheeva:/etc/snmp# indexmaker /etc/mrtg.cfg --columns=1 --output
/var/www/mrtg/index.html
Use of uninitialized value $first in hash element at /usr/bin/indexmaker
line 353.
root at sheeva:/etc/snmp# snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex
MIB search path:
/root/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex: Unknown Object Identifier
root at sheeva:/etc/snmp# snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost system
system: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) -> system)

Any suggestions?

Kevin