[RndTbl] IPv6

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed May 11 19:48:31 CDT 2011

On 2011-05-11 Sean Cody wrote:
> Anyone have an interest or are is implementing ipv6 anywhere?
>
> An intro to ipv6 would be a great presentation topic so if you can
> share your experience, please do!

Seconded.  But don't look at me.

Does anyone know when home ISP's like Shaw will start to offer IPv6 to
home users?  I don't think v6 will go anywhere until the ISP's with
their massive IP pools start switching end users to it.  Correct?

All of this 6-to-4 stuff seems stupid and overly complex.  I would like
to just see a day picked where 4 is shutoff and only 6 can be used.
We'll all be !@$#%ing our pants for a few days/weeks but then it'll be
done.