[RndTbl] xfs inode adjust?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed May 11 18:39:38 CDT 2011

I'm making (as we speak) a 12TB RAID6 array, using XFS.  My first
attempt I noticed XFS was making waaay too many inodes.  I know in ext3
I can adjust the inode count, like # bytes per inode, etc.  Does anyone
know how to do the same in XFS?  Man xfs is super confusing on inode
count manipulation.  I have no idea what numbers it wants in its
parameters.

Since my fs has mostly large (2-4GB) files, I like to reduce the inode
count by 1-3 orders of magnitude from the defaults to give me more
usable space.

Thanks!