[RndTbl] vsftp not connecting

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Tue Mar 22 13:16:54 CDT 2011

>From shells(5)
NAME
       shells - pathnames of valid login shells

DESCRIPTION
       /etc/shells  is  a text file which contains the full pathnames of
valid login shells.  This file is consulted by chsh(1) and available to be
queried
       by other programs.

       Be aware that there are programs which consult this file to find out
if a user is a normal user. E.g.: ftp daemons traditionally disallow access
       users with shells not included in this file.

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/