[RndTbl] vsftp not connecting

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 22 12:51:21 CDT 2011

Also check your userlist_* options in vsftpd.conf.  If userlist_enable
is YES, then make sure the login name you're using isn't in the
user_list file (or is if userlist_deny=NO).  You may want to check the
PAM configuration as well, as it can add another layer, and another
allow/deny list as it does on RHEL systems.

You could also enable the dual_log_enable and syslog_enable options, as
this may give you a bit more feedback in your logs to help get to the
bottom of this.

If all else fails, install/enable sshd and switch from FTP to SFTP.  ;-)

Gilles

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/