[RndTbl] Solaris backup

Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson helgi at binary.is
Tue Mar 15 14:17:37 CDT 2011

I'd just do it the good'ol fashion "dd" way.

I don't know where the hard drive devices on Solaris are, but let the
partition be /dev/sda1 (example from Linux):

$ dd if=/dev/sda1 of=backup_file.img

Then to restore:

$ dd if=backup_file.img of=/dev/sda1

You might want to throw in "conv=noerror" at the end of the line in case you
wish to ignore errors... but preferably there are no errors. ;)

This should work on any operating system still in production, except
Windows.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson