[RndTbl] Shaw dropping bounces?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Jun 8 16:22:34 CDT 2011

Mostly agreed on black lists - they've become mostly useless.  Not all of them, there are one or two that are still worth considering but only as part of a weighted decision.

Why not Shaw business?  Price.  Shaw provides exactly the same service but they "let" you run (inbound) servers, for about double the price.  Oh, sorry, they do alsounblock port 25 outbound.
If you don't need that, then why pay the extra?

As to why host locally: control, speed, storage, availability, bandwidth, cost.  Many organizations can do away with on-site hosting but not all.
If I already have a server in place, why also pay for a VPS?  Gmail certainly isn't up to handling massive amounts of spam (~10k/day)...

-Adam

-Adam