[RndTbl] burning large files

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Jun 4 16:57:36 CDT 2011

On 2011-06-02 Mike pfaiffer wrote:
> 	If possible, you can use some text tools such as par2 and rar
> to break the file into smaller, recoverable chunks.

I thought about splitting, but this is all being burned from within an
automated script and I'm not sure I want to add another level of
abstraction (splits) and revamp my db schema.

> 	Another possibility would be to see if there is anything in
> fuse available for UDF. This way you can create the image and see
> what tools are available for burning.

That's an idea, it would perhaps allow figuring out the UDF overhead.

> 	Chris H. managed to find a source of cheap DVD-DL blanks.
> Dollarama occasionally has them on sale at three for $2.00. I

That is cheap.  My wholesale sources are still quite expensive.  When
I'm out that way I'll check it out.  However, I am also interested in
longevity and all media is not created equal.  Dollarama wouldn't
inspire confidence when it comes to quality levels!