[RndTbl] Mutt

Daryl F wyatt at prairieturtle.ca
Mon Dec 5 17:35:27 CST 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Sean Cody wrote:

> Anyone here use it and wouldn't mind the imposition of demo'ing it?
>
> Having used pine for well at least a decade the Maildir patch is largely
> umzaintained since I updated/maintained it back in 4.3.
>
> I keep hearing mutt is better and I'd like to see why and I'm sure
> others on this list would too.

Sorry can't help you with Mutt. As another long time Pine user I tried
Mutt when Pine was getting long in the tooth but I found it too hard to
make the change.

There is something positive here though. The University of Washington
completely re-wrote Pine some time back but kept it very compatible
,workflow-wise, and they called it Alpine. Don't know if they handle
Maildir well but you might want to have a look:

   http://www.washington.edu/alpine/

-Daryl