[RndTbl] REQ: Volunteer of a Clonezilla Guru for one day (maybe less)

Robert Dyck rbdyck2 at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 10 06:53:09 CDT 2011

What we're seeing: We use either a floppy with gPXE to simulate network
boot, or a CD with gPXE, or a few machines can be configured in BIOS to do a
real network boot. The client displays that it does connect to the
Clonezilla server, it does go through DRBL (Diskless Remote Boot for Linux)
so it appears the TFTP process works. We do get a brief text menu that shows
it will attempt to boot into Clonezilla client, then a series of messages
scroll off the display indicating Linux start-up. However, we get a message
that appears to say something about failure to mount a file system. The
exact problem isn't clear since the messages scroll off the client machine's
screen too quickly to read before it halts. We do have a Linux machine that
acts as our router, but it has it's DHCP stack configured to point to the
Clonezilla server ("next server" and "filename" parameters set in
dhcpd.conf). Since we do get DRBL messages complete with a menu indicating
it tries to start Clonezilla client, it shouldn't be the router. We have
checked that NFS is running on the Clonezilla server. Help.

Thanks,
Rob Dyck