[RndTbl] Shaw packet loss

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Oct 19 11:03:31 CDT 2010

Mike, that sounds more like your gateway router running out of CPU cycles than Shaw doing traffic management.
I work with an ISP: doing the sort of thing you're describing *is* possible, but insanely difficult and expensive, especially on Shaw's scale.
I have a 2GHz router, it should handle it - I can test later this week.
-Adam