[RndTbl] key for ssh

Rob Guderian rob.guderian at gmail.com
Sun May 2 22:44:02 CDT 2010

My two cents.

Sometimes the key that is generated on Windows machines is malformed
as far as openssh is concerned. Make sure your authorized_keys entry
looks like this

ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nz(snip)KZbC1PEWyI4Q4esMJogfsWpXnB8Q== CommentAboutTheKey

I've used putty with it's key store 'pageant' with quite some success.
 It's a background application that does the key auth for you.  You
decrypt your key once (your private key is _should_ be encrypted....
) and it happily does nothing most the time. I think putty prompts you
for your key, but I seem to remember it having mixed success.

Hope that sheds some light on the situation.

rob