[RndTbl] wireless access

Colin Stanners colin at ninja.ca
Sun Dec 26 22:30:54 CST 2010

HSPA is faster but it's still a cellular system - low transfer
caps, variable latency since voice/other traffic comes first.

Skyweb sold their 2.5ghz and shut down in .mb at the end of October.
Too bad, most of their customers said they had a great network.

The only good options (fixed wireless) in your area are:
-I-Netlink  (Newton tower)
-HighSpeedCrow (Grand, Norquay towers)

If you choose the latter I may be doing your install. Trees aren't
too bad near Oakville, you have good chance of getting a signal with
the line-of-sight system which is faster (up to ~3mbit residential).

If you do any powerful transmission in the 2 meter or lower bands
the ethernet connection between the radio and your router/computer
may need to be set to 10mbit to avoid packet loss when you key up.