[RndTbl] usb ports

Kat uniquegeek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:22:01 CST 2010

The black plastic bit in one of my USB ports broke off.  The metal contacts
are in there, undamaged.  The laptop thinks the port is functioning fine,
and it does function... as long as the device plugged in is in contact with
the metal.  It's loose, so any movement on the laptop or device will unseat
it.  Anyway, I'm avoiding using it for now.

It's tempting to try to fix it myself.  Is this possible?  Any advice?

I think the laptop is still on warranty, but I don't know how much of a PITA
that would be.