[RndTbl] Learning a little about /etc/hosts

Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson helgi at binary.is
Mon Aug 9 10:18:42 CDT 2010

I have to agree with Mr. Lange.

There are two things that will probably make this strategy incredibly
time-consuming and difficult to maintain.

1. Maintaining the same hosts file on every computer.
2. Maintaining the list of hosts in the hosts file.

Especially when it comes to porn, the number of sites you would have to list
is just overwhelming, and on top of that, they keep changing. New ones come
in and old ones change domains all the time. I think you're creating a lot
of work that could easily be avoided by purchasing software that is
specifically intended for this purpose. Frankly I find it hard to imagine a
more time-consuming way of doing this.

Just my two cents. :)

Kind regards,
Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson