[RndTbl] Roundtable Digest, Vol 68, Issue 3

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Aug 4 18:07:37 CDT 2010

Kat,
Are you aware of the gns3 app (Graphical Network Simulator, v3) which
emulates/simulates a network of Cisco devices?  I've also heard of a
Cisco 7200/7600 VM that runs on i386 hardware.

For the first one: http://www.gns3.net/
And the second: http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

They both appear to use the same underlying technology, I haven't
actually tried either of them yet.

I'm sure there are a few people on this list who'd be be willing to
provide the necessary IOS images, privately.
(i.e. DON'T just hit reply!  It's still technically piracy, even for
Cisco students!)

I might be able to get my hands on some old Cisco switches... not sure
if they've already gone to the great static bag in the sky or not...

-Adam