[RndTbl] PCIe interrupt assignments

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Apr 7 15:13:35 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-05 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Oh, it was just suggested by a (presumably very outdated) RAID
> article I found. I didn't think it would be a big deal for the
> reasons you mentioned. Plus it's sharing the interrupt with two USB
> ports which don't even have the motherboard adapter connected to them.

a) You can possibly disable those unused usb ports, some mobo bios's
allow you to somewhat granularly disable groups of ports.

b) Try changing the mobo BIOS from "PNP aware OS" enabled to disabled
or vice-versa.  That changes who sets the IRQ's, OS or BIOS.  If your
board has that option... Of course, it's still the luck of the draw in
either case whether IRQs get shared.  My take on it is these days you
just don't worry about it anymore.