[RndTbl] Network performance tuning

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Apr 7 00:00:53 CDT 2010

Actually, I was mainly hoping to verify that it was, indeed, a hardware problem.  One person (Trevor) reporting similar results has fairly decent-quality GigE NICs on both sides – or at least what I *assumed* to be fairly decent-quality NICs!

In your case, I’d say yes, it’s time to test different NICs.  Obviously one of your NICs is OK – although I wouldn’t want to put much money on which one until I tested thoroughly.

I’d also not be willing to put money on whether it’s the NIC hardware or the software (i.e. device driver) – even though you tested under two OSes, the Linux drivers and the Windows drivers share a lot of code for both Intel and Realtek NICs nowadays.

-Adam Thompson

 <athompso at athompso.net>

 (204) 291-7950