[RndTbl] Open Source Backup/cloning to USB HDD

Daryl F wyatt at prairieturtle.ca
Thu Oct 29 22:47:18 CDT 2009

To (sometimes) get around dd stopping on the first error or using 'noerr'
and getting nothing copied for a sector, I've been using a program called
ddrescue ref: http://directory.fsf.org/project/ddrescue/ that does several
retries before giving up. It also has some interesting techniques to
recover as much as possible from a damaged disks while minimizing further
damage.

-Daryl