[RndTbl] External hard drives for Linux

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:50:14 CST 2009

The only compatibility issues I've come across is with some external
drives of the NAS (network attached storage) flavor. I've come across
some that require a Windows client to be installed in order to access
the drive through the network.

But I think most external USB drive enclosures conform to know
platform-independent standards now days.

Buying hardware for Linux from a vendor that allows you to return it
is always a good idea. :)

-Montana
My Google Reader Shared Items:
http://tinyurl.com/montanashare