[RndTbl] Quad core motherboards

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:02:42 CDT 2009

	I'm looking to pick up a quad core machine. I've been told some
motherboards don't work too well with Linux and BSD. Apparently all
other components work fine. The guys I was going to pick it up from said
they were going to do some research on the matter and get back to me.
This was early May. Looks like I'll have to walk in with a list. So the
question is which motherboards work?

	This is a personal machine which will be retired as a server of some
sort when I upgrade again in about five years or so. Also, I'd like to
"one up" a friend who just picked up one about a month ago and is
running it as a quad 2.5GHz machine. ;-)

				Later
				Mike