[RndTbl] auto fill in web forms

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Feb 3 08:06:27 CST 2009

On 11 Jan, Dan Martin wrote:
> I am sure this problem crops up in a number of areas.  In my case, I
> place buy and sell orders (different variations) for stocks on my
> broker's web page.  By the time I enter all the info and go through
> one or two confirmatory screens, the price has often changed and the
> order cannot be executed.

> 2)  A perl script using "mech" (WWW::Mechanize).

I use WWW::Mechanize for a lot of things, including a lot of ebay
scraping.  I tried setting it up for my broker to get options quotes and
build graphs but my broker uses js waaaay too much and WWW::Mechanize
doesn't support js (well).

So I'd say use mech, but not if you can't do anything on your broker
site with js turned off.