[RndTbl] OS X tips

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:30:20 CST 2009

On 2009-12-16, at 10:02 PM, Dan Martin wrote:

> I was at the Apple store yesterday, asking about Snow Leopard.  I had understood earlier that it was an 'upgrade' from Leopard - but the guy in the store says it's a complete OS and has no previous requirements (except the firmware, I assume).

	As long as it is Intel then any version will work.

> So there is also one being sold for $200?

	Quick answer is yes. I gather the $200 version has more stuff to make up for what was apparently in 10.5 but not 10.4. Apart from that and the price I have no idea what the actual difference is. One person who replied later appears to have more info. Then again I'm looking at it from the perspective of being $160 I didn't have to spend.

> -Dan

				Later
				Mike