[RndTbl] Public access machine

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 7 12:46:50 CST 2009

On 07/12/2009 12:40 PM, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
> Sean Cody wrote:
>> Sounds like a perfect opportunity to setup a VM to play with... then you
>> don't have to wait until Friday to test.
>
> 	Good idea. I can get on it in a couple hours instead of a few days.
>
> 	BTW, looks like the 'echo "reboot" | at now + 30 minutes' didn't work
> out too well from the command line. I think at minimum it would need a
> sudo command.

If you're going to enable specific commands in /etc/sudoers, I'd
recommend you enable access to the reboot command, rather than access to
the at or crontab commands.  The latter two would open up all sorts of
possibilities for exploitation, whereas the former shouldn't make the
machine more vulnerable to anything other than a premature reboot.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/