[RndTbl] Public access machine

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:33:18 CST 2009

	The CLL is setting up a public access machine in the next couple of
weeks. It is installed with Mint 8 (a multimedia Ubuntu fork). I would
like to set up a couple of init scripts. The first will delete the
public account home directory and copy a "clean" version in its place
each time the computer starts. The second will shut down the computer
after half an hour of use.

	I haven't touched on cron since university 20 years ago and I've never
written an init script. Having written a few shell scripts I know the
copy script should be very simple. I'm not sure how to set up the timer
script or make them run on start up. Would anybody be able to fire off
some quick directions?

	This may be a "foot in the door" situation.

				Later
				Mike