[RndTbl] Request for articles

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 00:36:49 CST 2008

	I e-mailed Gilbert about this and so far this seems to fall within the
bounds of the area the group is involved in. I'll try to keep it in good
taste.

	As most members of the group are aware I am involved with a magazine
called Call-A.P.P.L.E.. It used to be part of the Pudget Sound Apple//
group. It has since separated and evolved into a *NIX/Mac/Apple//
magazine. The *NIX part is what ties it to the group here. The other
person active with the magazine is in Japan. For various reasons I'm in
charge of the magazine again this year. He's developed his own group of
writers. Unfortunately they are in Japan and don't know me from a hole
in the ground. That's my problem.

	As the subject states, I am asking if anybody would care to write an
article. Anything related to *NIX, Mac, or the Apple// is fine. It
doesn't have to be a direct connection. Gilberts 3D photography or music
on a computer are good examples.

	Secondarily (this is the part where it may fall outside the bounds of
good taste), it is a commercial operation. The magazine itself is free
(a free sign-up is necessary for the current issue). We make just enough
in advertising to pay for the hosting service (and maybe a small fries
at McCardboard). I'd like to get enough advertising to be able to pay
our contributors and eventually ourselves. Even if it's a token amount
it would be a good thing. If anybody knows of a group who'd be willing
to advertise with us, please let me know.

	A bit of interesting news... Bill (the guy in Japan), said we broke the
million reader mark last year. I'm not sure of his figures, but every
time we switch, the number of readers climbs. The last time I was in
charge I was apparently pulling in somewhere between 750,000 and 800,000
readers on my last issue. WOW!

	Barring another death in the family I should be at Tuesdays meeting if
anybody wants to talk. I'm the tall, balding guy with a beard and
glasses. ;-)

				Later
				Mike