[RndTbl] ubuntu 7.10 and shaw cable

schwartz millward at ms.umanitoba.ca
Sun Feb 10 13:28:25 CST 2008

 I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with Shaw cable internet
 service while running Ubuntu 7.10 ?
 My cable modem keeps rebooting itself, according to Shaw's support person.
 He thought it was a power issue or maybe a loose connection within my house,
 but its not.  When I ran Knoppix 5.0.1 Live CD  I had no trouble using the
 Internet at all.   So, I assumed something was corruped with Ubuntu 7.10, and
 I re-installed it.  The problem continues, but only with Ubuntu 7.10.
 I have both XP and Slackware 11 also installed on the same hard drive, and
 neither one of them has any Internet trouble.
 I have used Ubuntu 7.10 for a couple of months with no trouble, then, the next morning, the Shaw cable modem keeps rebooting and my Internet connection
 is useless.  Has anyone any idea why?  Is there a solution ?