[RndTbl] Video Editing?

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:12:37 CDT 2007

Sean Walberg wrote:
> I'm curious about what people use for video editing in Linux.
<snip>

	I'll take it up part way through the process.

	Let's say I have a video already on the hard drive. If the video is
already to size (720 x 480) then no problem. If it is not then I may as
well calculate what size I would like to be able to see the whole video
on a TV screen. Black bars of 40 pixels on the sides seems good for most
TVs. I haven't figured out how many for the top and bottom yet. mencoder
can expand and scale the video to what I need.

	If it's short clips then the quickest way to get it to the standard
video DVD format is for me to move the file(s) to the new Mac. Then run
iDVD. I've installed the Perian set of codecs so everything works fine.
I'd like to see something with at least as much functionality under
Linux. Much less hassle to do it with Linux up to that point.

				Later
				Mike