[RndTbl] Questions about dig

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Wed Mar 7 12:10:51 CST 2007

The flags at the header will have "aa" to indicate the answer was
authoritative.  You know it had to do a lookup through the TTL of the
record, if the record's TTL is lower than the zone's, you know it was
cached.

If it's answered recursively, ask again with +norecursive.  However the
referral can be cached from your earlier query, so maybe start off with
+norecursive.

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/