[RndTbl] Page Layout

Dan Martin ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 30 18:09:06 CST 2007

I need to take a list of medications, display it on a screen which will
allow a user to edit the list, and print it in a number of different
forms (list for the patient, a hospital progress note, prescription
pads).  The printed forms have lines, etc, and could have geometric
figures such as a logo.  The input will likely be in XML.

The display could be done with XHTML.  The printed forms could be done
using LaTeX commands, but I imagine it would be painful to program.  I
could learn postscript.  I assume Acrobat's pdf is proprietary and
cannot be used.  I have heard of an XML based page layout language, and
such a solution would lend itself to an XSLT transformation.

Does anyone have suggestions?

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin, MD, CCFP, BSc, BCSc (Hon)

GP Hospital Practitioner
Computer Science grad student
ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
(204) 831-1746