[RndTbl] Encrypting a filesystem

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 24 20:56:36 CST 2007

Okay... The encFS site doesn't have a whole lot of explanation, other than the simple case. How do I set things up so that I can use rsync over ssh and store files in the remote encFS filesystem? I'd like to set this up to run as a cron job. Yep - secure remote backup.

I've got ssh, rsync and encFS installed and working individually, and also rsync using ssh. Do you have to manually mount the encrypted filesystem every time you log in?