[RndTbl] Ruby on Rails 1.2 release...

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:47:41 CST 2007

Hello,

I think Bill was talking about Ruby on Rails at the last MUUG.
They've release a new version, 1.2.
[quote]
We're talking mime types, HTTP status codes, and multiple representations of
the same resource serious. And of course there's the international pizzazz
of multibyte-safe UTF-8 wrangling.

That's just some of the headliner features. On top of that, there's an
absolutely staggering amount of polish being dished out. The CHANGELOG for
Action Pack alone contains some two hundred entries. Active Record has
another 170-something on top of that.

[/quote]
I was also talking to him about a Perl web application framework called
Bigtop that I'm considering playing around with:
http://www.usegantry.org/
[quote]
Bigtop is a code generator which can safely regenerate as thing change (like
the data model). The bigtop script reads a Bigtop file to produce apps
[/quote]