[RndTbl] Fluendo -- link

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Fri Feb 16 14:19:29 CST 2007

Trevor Cordes wrote:

> Does anybody know if that will work with mplayer too?  Or is it just
> gstreamer and is gstreamer completely separate from mplayer?  Outside of
> mplayer on the command line, I'm new to mm on linux.

Not sure.  I don't think mplayer uses gstreamer.  However, with these codecs,
totem, or other gstreamer based players is pretty much on par with mplayer now.

> Looks like they are in Spain.
> Does anyone know if these guys are truly
> legit?

I've met them both in Mountainview and Brasil.  They're not only legit, but
pretty darned smart too.

> I mean, they're not just stealing the codecs and then billing us
> for them, are they?

oin$ strings libgstfluac3dec.so | grep flu
gst_fluac3dec_get_type
fluac3dec_decoder_settings
fluac3dec_submit_frame
fluac3dec_parse_syncinfo
fluac3dec_parse_bsi
fluac3dec_decode_frame
fluac3dec_flush_decoder
fluac3dec_new
fluac3dec_free
libgstfluac3dec.so
fluac3dec
fluac3dec.c
gst-fluendo-ac3dec
http://www.fluendo.com/
Michael Smith <msmith at fluendo.com>
fluac3dec_src_setcaps
fluac3dec_query
fluac3dec_convert
fluac3dec_chain_raw
fluac3dec_find_sync_and_decode
fluac3dec_validate_crcs
fluac3dec_event
fluac3dec_sink_setcaps
fluac3dec_chain_dvd
FluAC3DecoderState* fluac3dec_new()

I'd say no.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die
Systems Department |  even the undertaker will be sorry."