[RndTbl] Fluendo -- link

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Feb 16 10:56:44 CST 2007

On 16 Feb, Scott Balneaves wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> For people who were interested at the Toodlesday meeting:
>
> http://www.fluendo.com/press/releases/PR-2007-01.html

Brad & I tried the free MP3 download and it's a breeze to install (yes,
it involves cp, but only 1 file, and to a standard place).  I'll
probably pick up the full MS media pack.

Does anybody know if that will work with mplayer too?  Or is it just
gstreamer and is gstreamer completely separate from mplayer?  Outside of
mplayer on the command line, I'm new to mm on linux.

Looks like they are in Spain.  Does anyone know if these guys are truly
legit?  I mean, they're not just stealing the codecs and then billing us
for them, are they?

> By the way, what was the name of the bootable distro that did the hard drive wipe?

using any linux live/rescue boot cd
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda bs=1M
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1M
wrap in for loop to repeat as you see fit (I'd say 1 pass is good for
all but NSA-worrying folk).  Who needs a special CD to do that?! :-)