[RndTbl] Clean Linux install problems

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:44:15 CST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 3:22 PM, John Lange <john.lange at open-it.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 11:09 -0600, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
> > On Dec 7, 2007 9:10 AM, John Lange <john.lange at open-it.ca> wrote:
> > > Just to be on the safe side I'd run some diagnostics on it starting with
> > > memtest.
> >
> >      Worth a try...  It runs as long as I let it. Is 10 minutes enough?
>
> Let it go for at least a full pass which will be way longer than 10
> minutes.

     I can do that tonight.

> If you are having sporadic crashing in all OSes then it's a hardware
> problem for sure.

     Just in the new installs of Ubuntu and Fedora. I reinstalled
Kubuntu Gutsy beta and things were working again until I tried to do
an apt-get dist-upgrade. Then it was the same problem all over again.
Freezes on /etc/rc.local. Even redoing the power management,
bluetooth, etc. didn't work this time. Maybe I should stick with the
beta until Hardy comes out.

> John

                             Later
                             Mike