[RndTbl] Wireless PrintServer example

John D jd at Westman.Wave.Ca
Mon Sep 18 19:18:46 CDT 2006

a query came up last meeting,
"What's a good wireless PrintServer w/USB ? "
_ _ _ _ _

"Good" or not, I can't say, but this mfg "Airlink" is growing in presence and
  offerings.
  http://www.airlink101.com/products/apsusb201w.html

Stock? The apsusb201w is FOB Vancouver, wholesale approx. $85.

it is one of four sibling models, all USB:
  http://www.airlink101.com/products/printer_server.html

Interesting to see Airlink offering both
_PowerlineTransmission_ (APL8522 in stock, VanBC)
  http://www.airlink101.com/products/apl8511_22.html
and
_PwrOverEthernet_ (asw308p not listed [yet]).
  http://www.airlink101.com/products/asw308p.html

The latter will be popular with IP cams like
  http://www.airlink101.com/products/aic250w.html

John Donovan

P.S:  The OpenWRT project may list some WirelessAccessPoint models where you
solder-in a USB jack onto the PCB; similar to the many DB-9 (console I/F)
retrofits.