[RndTbl] Missed the meeting...

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 13 17:12:25 CDT 2006

Tim Lavoie wrote:
> I was hoping to go, but couldn't make it. How *does* Gilbert make make
> a happy transition. (and of course, why?)

I've updated the meeting write-up online to include the slides of my
talk and bookmarks for the various utilities I described...

http://www.muug.mb.ca/meetings/06-07.html#sep

> I have to use MS-everything for work, but do use putty, Cygwin and VNC
> for at least accessing remote Linux systems or the Cygwin shell
> utilities where I can.

We're pretty much on the same page, then.  I also mentioned a virtual
desktop utility called "Virtual Dimension", the "True X-Mouse Gizmo for
Windows", and several handy extensions for Thunderbird (a couple of
which work in Firefox too), which I've found useful to add.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/