[RndTbl] Video Overlay cropped

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Oct 12 12:47:33 CDT 2006

On 11 Oct, John Lange wrote:
> Turns out it is a bug with the ATI drivers using Xvideo. Don't know if

Oops... I had missed this earlier email of yours.  You had answered some
of my questions already I see.

> A "sort-of" work around was to use a different playback such as:
>
> # mplayer -ov gl2 <filename>
>
> This works great! Unfortunately that does not solve the mythtv problem
> because myth appears to use its own internal playback mechanism which
> only works with Xv. As far as I can tell there is no possible way to
> adjust this...
>
> BTW, to answer your question, downloaded video had the same problem so
> its a playback problem, not a capture problem.

This entire quote doesn't make sense.  You're saying that playing
something with mplayer -ov gl2 works ok but playing a downloaded video
(not a NUV file) does not?  What are you using to play a downloaded
video?  Myth just uses mplayer internally I believe for non-NUV file
playback.  Therefore a downloaded file, if it plays properly with
mplayer outside of myth should play ok inside of myth too!

I'm still curious to see if your NUV files are ok or not.  You know, you
can play NUV files on XP now using some .NUV reader available somewhere
(sourceforge?).  Works well but causes equal-width black bars to be to
the left and right when I playback my Plextor-created DIVX/MPG4 NUV
files.  But you could use that to test.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree with the recording-flaw theory,
but in situations like this you must eliminate things in every step of
the process.

> Anyone have any suggestions for xorg.conf lines to get a TV monitor
> working?

Haven't tried yet, but will soon(ish).  All my myth is through computer
monitors.