[RndTbl] Video Overlay cropped

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Oct 12 09:24:48 CDT 2006

I put a cheap nvidia (Geforce 5200) in last night but I couldn't get it
configured properly.

My TV display works, OR my monitor but not both. Is there a tool for
auto-detecting and building an xorg.conf file? I've been manually
editing this one for days.

I don't intend to have a monitor attached in the long term but
unfortunately I still have problems with MythTv not displaying the video
at the proper size and shape in the TV Monitor.

Once again, mplayer works flawlessly from the command line giving a nice
full screen playback from the tuner but Myth does not display properly
in "WatchTV" mode. The GUI looks fine but tuner playback is terrible.

I will say that other than the Xvideo bug (which might actually be in
xorg, not the ATI drivers), the ATI drivers and config tools are miles
ahead of Nvidia.

I'm not really sure where to go next. I suppose I might try another
"build from scratch" in the hopes it will detect the Nvidia card
properly at the start.

John