[RndTbl] Evolution in Ubuntu

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Mon Oct 9 16:53:28 CDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 14:29, Scott Balneaves wrote this amazing epistle:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 07:54:31PM -0500, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
> > 	How can I stop Evolution (and a bunch of other programs) from popping up
> > every time I log into my user account under Ubuntu
>
> You've more than likely saved your session at some point.

	Two or three years ago.

> The thing to
> do is, close all windows, and then when logging out, click on the "save
> session" option on the logout dialog.

	Didn't see it there but I found something elsewhere in one of the "system"
menus. It was "start with a blank session". This did the trick. Still a lot
of stuff running but not as much as before. I went back in and remembered I
did want a terminal to open when I login. I opened the terminal in a window
and went back to the place I mentioned earlier and selected restore manually
saved session. Then I clicked the save from the main menu.

> This will save your session which
> has, errm, nothing in it :)

	Just for good measure I went into Gnome and changed the default applications
to the ones I use in KDE. They previously matched the ones which were
starting up automatically. Strange...

	If the problems come back, I'll post here.

> Scott

	BTW, that "Nuns with guns" series you mentioned last time is called "Chrno
Crusade". I haven't seen it myself but it is apparently pretty good. You may
also want to check out a classic series (60's - 70's) called "Dirty pair" (so
called because they usually end up shooting anyone assigned to work with them
in the back, or blowing up planets - you get the idea).

				Later
				Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |