[RndTbl] serial consoles

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sun Nov 12 08:15:39 CST 2006

I use some gear from Baytech (Baytech.net) the DS series IIRC.  They're in
various models, the ones we use are 1U high and provide 4 serial ports, 4
remotely controllable power ports, telnet access to the console, and we hang
a modem off it so we can dial in when the whole site has failed.

The price is reasonable, I think we bought 11 for just under $1,000 each.
The company supports the devices well, too.

I was looking at some higher density serial stuff so I went back to the same
reseller who directed me to a different company, it might have been Avocent
(didn't they buy cyclades?)  I really wasn't impressed by the sales guy I
had so I didn't go any further.

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/