[RndTbl] MUUG Meeting, Nov 14, 7:30pm -- SUSE Linux Enterprise 10

John D jd at Westman.Wave.Ca
Thu Nov 9 19:10:32 CST 2006

Hello All

After this last week's "momentous" Novell/SuSE-Microsoft accord(s), there will
no doubt be ample fodder for bavardage; bark, bombast and blether.

It was only "one score" years ago that both companies were regarded in the
reverse roles (by the [still] non-Mac,non-*n[iu]x majority).

I wonder if those who "care" should _meet_separately_ and let fly OUTSIDE the
normal meeting place/format ?

There is much to consider, and the conspiracy theorists (and fidgety
Apophenians) among us will have hard work ahead to divine whom is being driven
by The Discordians** _this_time_.

So (ironically or hypocritically, as one who tends to jabber a fair bit at our
meetings) I would like also to PROPOSE:

-Whereas- our presenter, Mr. John Lange is NOT a Novell employee or rep,
and
-Whereas- he is certainly a very good person to help us appreciate some of the
features and technologies the OpenSuSE community and Novell have worked very
hard toward;

Therefore Let Us Resolve that:
Mr. Lange should NOT be expected to interpret Novell's recent announcements,
and
he should NOT be expected to field any crankiness from the peanut gallery.

Respectfully,
John D.
Brandon

** Robert Anton Wilson & Robt.Shea "The Illuminatus! Trilogy", 1975, 1984
I figure it's the Dolphins.
Yeah, it's the Dolphins.